From beginning to End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey zer0, what went wrong with your skimmer? I;ve been looking at the design of it and i dont understand how its supposed to work..

Thanks guys, your all great. And yeah i redid the rockwork and i like it so far lol. Got to let the cloudiness clear up so i can actually see whats going on lol.

pp5, idk whats wrong with it. The pump goes in the water, which has an air hose attached to it. The creates bubbles or something, and with the bubbles being there, the water in the skimmer isnt supposed to go above a certain level.. but it does. Idk what the prob is, but ill test some things out and see wth it does.

Thanks guys, your all great. And yeah i redid the rockwork and i like it so far lol. Got to let the cloudiness clear up so i can actually see whats going on lol.

pp5, idk whats wrong with it. The pump goes in the water, which has an air hose attached to it. The creates bubbles or something, and with the bubbles being there, the water in the skimmer isnt supposed to go above a certain level.. but it does. Idk what the prob is, but ill test some things out and see wth it does.

I could be wrong, but I'm going to try to help with the skimmer. It sounds like you are skimming too wet. The end of the air line should be dry. This allows it to draw in air and create the bubbles which trap the proteins and take them to the collection cup. What type of skimmer is it? You should be able to adjust the amount of flow to dial it in.

Yeah guys i will take pictures just at the moment its like uber uber cloudy. The cloudiest its ever been because i went hardcore and dug through all of the sand and cleaned it out big time. I mean with a tiny net and everything i scoped out every single inch of the sand to get all the crud out. So the aragonite is notorious for making things pretty cloudy lol. I cant even see my finger in the water if its only 1" away from the glass lol. But when it starts to clear up i will take pics.

Ok, about the skimmer. I think its working now. It seems to be doing what its supposed to. No overflows, the bubbles are in a controlled flow and everything seems to be A OK. For now. lol. I'll see what happens in a little bit.

Ill keep you guys posted.

Well Zer0, Im really happy that youve decided to continue. It was a shame seeing you quit and you contribute so much to the site and are a funny guy so it was sad to see you go and now Im happy you arent! Let's keep it going!

Thanks guys. I would never leave AA. :)

Pics are on the way!! :D I just have some more rockwork to finish up and then i will throw down some pictures. Till then!

No pics just yet because the water is still a bit cloudy for my camera to get anything so we'll just have to wait a bit.

But in the meantime, i did some water tests and was pretty amazed to see what i found.

Salinity: 1.024
Ammonia: 0.10ppm
Nitrite: 5ppm

And i didnt test my nitrates yet because i figured with my nitrites being kind of high.. So would my nitrates. But when i start to see my nitrites going down thats when i will start testing the nitrates. So things are looking up so far lol.

LOL! Im happy they are going in the right direction! But seriously lol.. i would take pics but with my camera not being as nice as some of the ones that folks here have.. it doesnt really get anything but cloudiness. You dont see any rocks or anything lol..

Are you sure? Because all i heard was "blah blah blah blah blah blah I am gonna take some pictures". LOL

Back
Top Bottom