Fry---Am I doing this right

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcm87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am a proud father to some new fry. Do they take any extra care then normal fish. I am adding some aquarium salt to the take after cleanings. I hope to keep them in this small tank, look at picture, for a while so they are not eaten. Also the small container they are in gets a fair amount of algea on it, but the fry seem to eat a fair amount of it. Just curious if someone has any tips for Molly Fry.

Thanks

I got 4 mollys my self...3 femals 1 male....how long..or old did it take for ur mollys to mate?....

I got 4 mollys my self...3 femals 1 male....how long..or old did it take for ur mollys to mate?....

rcm87 said:
I am adding some aquarium salt to the take after cleanings.

Are you using a hydrometer to test what the SG (basically how much salt) is in your tank? You might be adding too much without noticing it. Just a thought, don't want something creeping up on you that you weren't even thinking about.

Good luck with the fry! And congrats. :D

-brent

I am not using a hydrometer. Is that I piece of hardware that I should get. I am pretty careful using the salt, so i am not too worried about it, but it would be grea if I could check it. Can I get it at a LFS?

Thanks

Do you have fry food?
Its alot smaller and easyer for them to eat.
That is pretty much all the extra I do for my molly fry.
HTH

Can I get it at a LFS?
Yes, they run all differrent prices. It is nice to have since salt does not evaporate and with water changes, it's hard to tell just how much salt is in the tank. Just make sure to get one with a low range.

Back
Top Bottom