fry lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good so far.. no more have died but i still cant get a count on how many i have left.. in the one gallon it is hard to count thwm because there is so much space they just move constantly.. have to work on cycling a ten gallon tank for them for when they are bigger

freshwaterashley said:
Good so far.. no more have died but i still cant get a count on how many i have left.. in the one gallon it is hard to count thwm because there is so much space they just move constantly.. have to work on cycling a ten gallon tank for them for when they are bigger

Haha, you think a 1 gal makes it hard to count fry... Try a 10 gallon with tons of floating plants with a bunch of itty bitty betta fry!

Right now my first ever batch of fry is doing great (only about 10 so not hard to keep) i think the mutant one perished:(........... All the other ones are doing great tho and growing really fast.they don't hang out around bottom anymore
Sorry for quality just hard to get pic

Attachments

• image-2046399316.jpg
    image-2046399316.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 41
Good to hear you haven't lost anymore! I think I now know what might have happened to my fry. On one of my threads some one mentioned transfering them in the air rather then in water put too much stress. Which lookin back makes perfect sense! Not going to make the same mistake twice! Lol

I couldn't imagine trying to count any number of fry in a 10 gal. I have a hard time just keeping track of my mature fish in a 10 gal.

So good news and bad news. I have had only one die in the last week. Bad news is one of their tank mates has body fungus! I am treating the tank with tetra fungus guard, and i an afraid that i might lose this whole batch now!

So good news and bad news. I have had only one die in the last week. Bad news is one of their tank mates has body fungus! I am treating the tank with tetra fungus guard, and i an afraid that i might lose this whole batch now!

Uh oh:(.................

Oh no! I hope it all works out and gets better. Try adding a tiny amount of salt to the tank as well to help out the other lil guys gaurd themselves

My lil guys are doing great.. lost one last night but i think the worst is over.. my lil guy that was deformed was the one who died

ForumRunner_20130607_095302.jpg

ForumRunner_20130607_095311.jpg

But I knew he probably wasn't going to make it anyways . they are getting so big at only two weeks old. I can't wait until they get big enough to have some color. does anyone know how long it takes for guppies to get there color? I have read parties and they all look a bit orange but my guppies are still grey

These are the best pic i can get of my guppies.. you can see they are still grey and i havent seen a bit of color show up yet

ForumRunner_20130607_095641.jpg

These are the best pic i can get of my guppies.. you can see they are still grey and i havent seen a bit of color show up yet

1 or 2 of mine are a bit les see thru but otherwise its same for me

Attachments

• image-1833359097.jpg
    image-1833359097.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 43
  • image-4069196990.jpg
    image-4069196990.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 44
With my fry, two came out with colors. They imediatly started taking the shape of males. The others really didn't start getting any color till around 2 months and even then it was only a spot here and there.

Found just one fry a month ago. And today he died. Really sad as was working so hard to look after him. 6 others were born on Thursday. So have them in a fry net in the tank. They already look more lively than the one that just died ever did

image-1803574967.jpg

How long should i leave the fry in the breeder box? They are just over a week old now.

If the breeder box is all you have for them, then good rule of thumb is they should be bigger then the mouth of your biggest fish. Otherwise anytime is good to put them into a tank by themselves. I would give them about 2-3 weeks just to get them a little bigger IMO.

How long should i leave the fry in the breeder box? They are just over a week old now.

Depends on how big they are.. what kind of fry? Do you have pics? Only because it could get crowded.. and if they arr bigger than your fishes mouth then it is safe to let them in the main tank... they will find leftover flakes or even may be brave enough to come to the top with the rest

Depends on how big they are.. what kind of fry? Do you have pics? Only because it could get crowded.. and if they arr bigger than your fishes mouth then it is safe to let them in the main tank... they will find leftover flakes or even may be brave enough to come to the top with the rest

Didn't even think about quantity of fry in the breeder. Good call.

Boxed off?need to know soon:)!

Attachments

• image-1263788482.jpg
    image-1263788482.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom