fry lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah i think it was because i had so many in the trap that the ammonia level was getting too high for such a small space and i notice there isnt very good flow through the trap.. hopefully i wont loose anymore :/

When I had my fry in the trap I would pull the trap up halfway out of the water sucking any debris and getting fresher water back in when I set it back down. Seemed to keep it pretty clean. But then again I only had 10 fry, not 50 + lol.

Lol i counted 50 .. i try to keep count as i scoop them out of the tank... since i had 3 litters in 3 days i just added it up when i was done.. dont know what im down to now that i have lost some...

When I had my fry in the trap I would pull the trap up halfway out of the water sucking any debris and getting fresher water back in when I set it back down. Seemed to keep it pretty clean. But then again I only had 10 fry, not 50 + lol.

Yeah that didnt work abd i lost 3 bc they got their tails stuck in the slots and i didnt realize it

Well the tank i bought from petco works great for fry in my opinion because it has an undergravel filter just make sure that you have gravel.It costed me 22$ but it is great for fry

Attachments

• image-1801675034.jpg
    image-1801675034.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 75
  • image-739897791.jpg
    image-739897791.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3262005389.jpg
    image-3262005389.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 55
Btw ive noticed that one of my platy fry has no other fins besides the one on either side and his tailfin ( which is also misshapen slightly) he seems to be getting around just fine and growing like the rest though.. maybe there is a chance he will make it to being big enough to go in the community bc i am definitely going to keep him/ her.

He comes up really close and i havent seen them yet.. but ive thought the same thing

Just an FYI guys/gals fry prefer to hide upwards and not downwards so if you're having problems with them in the substrate give them some floating cover.

I have both and my sword and platy fry always preferred to hide in the floating cover. And be careful of where you're raising them. Smaller tanks will stunt their growth.

The more they eat the faster they'll grow too. You'll even have individuals outgrowing their siblings. Put the faster growers in the main tank ASAP. This will give the other fry a better chance at food too. A lot of my fry survive on their own without me having to directly feed them. They caught on quick and ate whatever mess the adults made from eating flake.

Ya do a shrimp tank. Drop a sponge filter in there with a basic cfl light and a few different stem plants and a couple moss balls I bet it would look nice.

In a 1 gallon tank not really any choices either fry shrimp or like one 1" tetra or something like it
I think a shrimp tank would look really cool.add some java moss maybe an ornament voila

Back
Top Bottom