Fry overload what to do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new guy97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Molly fry are growing fast and in large numbers no lfs in town what do I doImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423845683.827473.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423845706.575364.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

i have loads of experience in this field. what do i do? well i sell to friends after i pick the best of the bunch for myself. see if there is an aquarium group near you, i am in a aquarium society and have they auction off fish and plants every month.
any other Questions?
id take some to.

Last edited:
Get a predator

Sent from my iPhone using my fat fingers covered in chocolate...

Yep, or build a pond and let them grow out, place a few bullfrogs in, then you'll have a pond with bullfrogs and tons of guppies!

Nils

I have also had luck with selling them on craiglist

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sell or rehome, I guess you can feed them to others but seeing that you have raised them to this far I wouldn't think that you would want to.

Yep, or build a pond and let them grow out, place a few bullfrogs in, then you'll have a pond with bullfrogs and tons of guppies!

Nils

Pond thing sounds good.

Thanks everyone for the advice now I have a great list of options

If I can't find anywhere else to sell them, I just give them away to anyone who has a good home for them.

Ha, I recently picked up a baby diamondback water snake at a reptile show to eat excess endler's livebearers. I have 3 tanks, 75 and 2 40's, crowded with them. Even scooping out netfuls and dropping into other tanks for larger fish to eat doesn't slow them down enough, but feeding the largest females should slow down their population growth a bit.
Molly fry were worse IME, my other/larger fish wouldn't even eat those.

Back
Top Bottom