fuge inbhabitants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ohio reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to the lfs today tobuy some macr algaes for my fuge and was wondering should i buy some snails or crabs? if so what kind. also should i buy something to sift the sand, or just buy live sand to seed the dead sand in there now?

my tanks not finished cycling yet as of yesterday my number s were:

PH-8.1
ammonia-.50
nitrite.50
nitrate-10
S.G-1.0255

i absolutely have nothing in my tank yet, its 120 gal. with these numbers would it be safe to add live rock now?

sorry about all the questions

tia

mark

you sould add the live rock now.. you will go through a cycle again unless its already cured. i would not put a fuge on yet till the cycle is over? might kill the macro alges. jsut a guess on it killing the macro. good luck 8O

Let the tank cycle before doing anything or adding anything. GO SLOW! The best advice I ever received here is that nothing good ever happens fast in a marine aquarium..

Adding LR will cause a new cycle. If it's cured LR it will be a short cycle.

I think I just replied to your other message about macro algae.

I would avoid crabs. JustPhish.com has a new crabless clean-up crew available that you might want to look at.

Keep asking questions. That's what this forum is all about. It's how I and many others have learned what we know and continue to learn how much we don't know :lol:

After the cycle you can add some critters to your fuge, but I would only cosider the following: Pods, bristleworms, spahgetti worms, micro stars, micro snails, don't add anything with claws to your fuge is a good rule of thumb. Of the things listed above add in small quantities except the pods, you can dump as many of them in there as you like. I would buy the detritivore kit and calurpa sampler from inland aquatics, it has everything you need for a fuge, you can split out the order between your fuge and your display and it will help get your sandbed going as well.

Back
Top Bottom