Fun Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I am going with goldfish. I have heard so many opinions. ( good & bad ) Now I am trying to decide what kind. There are veiltails, fantails & many varieties of each. I don't like black moors or the ones with the bubble eyes.
How about you ?

I think I am going with goldfish. I have heard so many opinions. ( good & bad ) Now I am trying to decide what kind. There are veiltails, fantails & many varieties of each. I don't like black moors or the ones with the bubble eyes.
How about you ?

My 2 big goldies :D i have 4 actaully, 2 small 2 big

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1437129147770.jpg
    1437129147770.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 73
Thanks for that. They are so cute ! The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going with goldfish. I was debating goldies over tropical.
How many veiltails in your 29 gallon ?
Any other tank mates ?
I was thinking of adding a bristlenose. Apparently they're one of the few plecos who can survive in the cooler water.
How many veiltails could I get in my 50 ?
Thanks again.

Would I need a heater in my goldfish tank ? It can get cool in my bedroom during those long, cold Canadian winters. I could set it for 68, not only for the goldies, but for the bristlenose.
It would cut down on large fluctuations.
What do you think ?

Oh I actually don't have any goldfish (yet!), the fish isn't mine I just posted that as an example of how cute that type of fish can be.

I can see how that would have been confusing, ha. :hide:

Sorry about that.

Infectious !
Good news. :) A friend of mine heard about my fun tank & wants to start one just like it. He even wants goldfish, just like me.
It makes me feel good that I may have given the bug to one more person. :)
He has a 30 gallon & asked me for advice.
He wants to know how many goldfish he can have in it.
Where have we hear that question before, eh ? :)
I researched & found, although still large, the fantail is the smallest goldfish.
My advice to my friend was;
If you get a filter equipped to handle a tank of 60 + gallons
&
If you do weekly water changes of 25%-50%.
You can have 2 fantails.
Did I give him good directions ?

50% is too much, maybe do 15-30% water change if the fishes are healthy, 20-45% if it's sick. A Fantail need 10 gallon tank, for 30 gallon, yes he/she can have 2, 3 would not be possible.

Gilbert

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

50% is too much, maybe do 15-30% water change if the fishes are healthy, 20-45% if it's sick. A Fantail need 10 gallon tank, for 30 gallon, yes he/she can have 2, 3 would not be possible.

Gilbert

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

50% is never too much. Cant have enough clean water especially with fish as dirty as gold fish. My tank gets 75 to 80% every 5 days.

Little difference of opinion here. :)
My friend would like to have 2 Orandas & a bristlenose in his 30 gallon tank.
One member said it would be too much.
Another member sent me a neat calculator for finding an aquarium's capacity.
With the fish my friend wants, it would be running @ a 96% capacity.
A possibility with a good filter & frequent water changes.
Also used it on mine.
Google "fresh water advisor" to find it.
A Good Thing ! :)
Thanks. :)

Best of luck of your friends and yours goldies ^^ be a proud grampies for your grandchild to enjoy the fishes

50% is never too much. Cant have enough clean water especially with fish as dirty as gold fish. My tank gets 75 to 80% every 5 days.

Cuz sometimes it stress my fish if i do that many % of water change o.o

Well nah maybe my mistake because my other tank has no goldies ahah

Back
Top Bottom