Fungus on mouth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Z0RN

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A0D4E68C-0DE4-43B7-8AC0-B7A80C02534D.jpg

I live in Canada and don’t have access to anti-fungal treatments for fish. Right now I’ve dosed my tank with Cupramine, but I still have a feeling I’m going to loose my school of barbs to this. Any advice as to how I can eradicate fungus from my tank?
Thanks

Could be poor water conditions. Increase your water changes for 50% every week and see how that help.

Meds poor in Australia as well. Now I either hospital tank or put down straight off. You can try any anti-bacterial treatments available.

Just gone through a dozen tiger barbs here. My success rate at healing is very low really.

Sometimes an anti-bacterial to ‘clean it up’ followed by double course of antibiotics. Here that might be malachite green followed by triple-sulpha. If it is just fungal the anti-bacterial will usually deal with it quickly. Some people report success with salt.

And as above, good water conditions.

I find a stable tank better than trying to lift tank temperature to kill it off but opinions do vary locally on that.

Meds poor in Australia as well. Now I either hospital tank or put down straight off. You can try any anti-bacterial treatments available.

Just gone through a dozen tiger barbs here. My success rate at healing is very low really.

Sometimes an anti-bacterial to ‘clean it up’ followed by double course of antibiotics. Here that might be malachite green followed by triple-sulpha. If it is just fungal the anti-bacterial will usually deal with it quickly. Some people report success with salt.

And as above, good water conditions.

I find a stable tank better than trying to lift tank temperature to kill it off but opinions do vary locally on that.

Unfortunately they don’t sell anti fungal or anti bacterial meds in Canada. But I’ll probably give salt a try. Might just euthanize the barbs and start from scratch, their already starting to die off

Back
Top Bottom