Fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdklovesfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
IMG_2566.jpgIMG_2568.jpg

My poor plec has this all over him. It’s long and moves in the current. At first I thought it was algae on the driftwood that he’s under, but then I realized it’s all over him. A video shows it much better, but I couldn’t figure out how to attach it.

I assumed it was a fungus and treated the tank per directions on the bottle. But am I correct that it’s a fungus? Also, do I need to physically pull it off him? So far none of his tank mates have it. Poor gorgeous plecy! He’s only 9 years old... [emoji22]

View attachment 312164View attachment 312165

My poor plec has this all over him. It’s long and moves in the current. At first I thought it was algae on the driftwood that he’s under, but then I realized it’s all over him. A video shows it much better, but I couldn’t figure out how to attach it.

I assumed it was a fungus and treated the tank per directions on the bottle. But am I correct that it’s a fungus? Also, do I need to physically pull it off him? So far none of his tank mates have it. Poor gorgeous plecy! He’s only 9 years old... [emoji22]
Try getting a water conditioner called ultimate it's put out by Hikari, you will need this one conditioner to use with ich-x that is put out by them. This should clear him right up. I just went through this. It's a hard thing to kill and is very contagious. A qt is a must. But at this point. You should treat the whole tank and everyone in it.

Back
Top Bottom