funky fungi? treatment? :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hey guys,

i'm holding a quarter sized angel in my 10gal for a friend & it seems like she has something up w/ her fin.

someone in another thread says its a fungus, which i dont dispute since its in the middle of the fin.

my waters legit so i'm guessing it was stress induced from the move or already had from the shop.

anyway, any info on how to treat or the best meds would be greatly appreciated. i figure i'll treat my guppies too just to be safe.

the first pic is of the alleged funky fungi on her side fin.. the second is just to show that besides her little white mark she is otherwise healthy (dont mind the glass i had just done pwc lol)

Attachments

• image-331143131.jpg
    image-331143131.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 62
  • image-3878685051.jpg
    image-3878685051.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 74
heres a better pic.. ANYBODY?!? its not more to the side of her fin than the middle.. maybe it is rot??

i'm clueless - somebody HELP!! :)

thanks

Attachments

• image-2702480335.jpg
    image-2702480335.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 64
Honestly, its really hard to tell from the pic. It could be a fungus, a bacterial infection, the beginnings of fin rot, or just simply an injury from handling in the move. You said your water checks out ok-what exactly are your readings (amm/nitrite/nitrate/ph)? Do you know if theres a difference in ph between where she came from & your water? A .2 ph difference is enough to stress a fish's immune system & create health issues. I would treat with aquarium salt & watch her over the next couple of days & see if theres any improvement. If not or it starts getting worse, we can consider some other options! Is she still swimming & eating normally?

jlk said:
Honestly, its really hard to tell from the pic. It could be a fungus, a bacterial infection, the beginnings of fin rot, or just simply an injury from handling in the move. You said your water checks out ok-what exactly are your readings (amm/nitrite/nitrate/ph)? Do you know if theres a difference in ph between where she came from & your water? A .2 ph difference is enough to stress a fish's immune system & create health issues. I would treat with aquarium salt & watch her over the next couple of days & see if theres any improvement. If not or it starts getting worse, we can consider some other options! Is she still swimming & eating normally?

just tested again & my levels were as follows:

ph: 6.8-7
ammo: .50
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 20

the ammo was 0 a few days ago but i woke up to a dead guppy so i'm guessing thats where the spike came from.. did a pwc & will continue until back down to 0

she IS eating & swimming & seems pretty happy .. just has the white blotches on her one fin

i added some salt & i'm gonna keep an eye on it

thanks for the help.. any more advice is appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom