fx5 with 120

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timandmindy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm currently running a freshwater drilled tank I am also instead of a sump or watever you put under there I hooked up a fx5 anybody heard of people doing things like that?????? any info or sugestions would be great not knowlagable in drilled overfloww tanks thankyou

The drilled tanks are meant for a sump setup. If you don't use a sump, you can block off the holes with bulkheads & standpipes that are above the water line (or plugs if you have threaded bulkheads). You can then use the canister as per normal.

If you have an overflow box setup, you can utilize the drilled holes for your FX5 hookup. Without an overflow box, I would only hook up the canister if the both lines have standpipes so you are skimming water from the top of the tank & returning water to the top. <Reason is that if you have the lines at the bottom of the tank, and there is a leak with any of the hoses, you will drain your tank completely ....>

I do have the overflow box so if there ever was a leak i think thers about 2 to 3 gallons of water in it. I also routed the outlet tube inside and around to the oposite side of the tank. Had i had known i would have to be doing this i prob would'nt have put my tank so close to the wall i cann't get anything behind it
KIDS HEY grab anything and everything. seems to be working fine

Thankyou for your advise

Back
Top Bottom