Garden gnome decor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CallMeIshmael95

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi. I'm thinking about redecorating my tank. It currently has five mollies and a guppy. I've seen people put flower pots in their tanks as decoration and I was wondering if it would be safe to put a garden gnome in as a decoration. It's make from the same thing pots are made of, but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated!

CallMeIshmael95 said:
Hi. I'm thinking about redecorating my tank. It currently has five mollies and a guppy. I've seen people put flower pots in their tanks as decoration and I was wondering if it would be safe to put a garden gnome in as a decoration. It's make from the same thing pots are made of, but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated!

Depends on what it's made out of, you could 'paint' aquarium silicone on it to seal it just incase. Maybe someone will know of another sealant you could use that's easier to work with. The glaze on some ceramics could have hard metals and such in it but how much those would leach into the water I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom