GBR hole in head/fungus whats is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nacho1cheese

Aquarium Advice Activist
my male gbr has some fuzzy fungus looking thing on his head. is it fungus or a worm maybe? how should i treat it. he still eats and everything he just looks really down. Please help

Attachments

• 102_4613.jpg
    102_4613.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 102_4612.jpg
    102_4612.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 102_4611.jpg
    102_4611.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 96
API Mela Fix
Maracyn Plus Biospheres AntiBacteria Therapy from Mardel
or
API Melafix
???????????????????????????

I definetly dont think thats hole in the head and I cant find any sort of worm that looks like that. So I've got to assume its a fungus. One of my goldfish has something similar looking but theres no red around it. I'm thinking mine is a fungus and I'm trying it with kanaplex.
Edit: if your going to be medicating I would suggest seachem products or maracyn products. I've never had a problem with a single thing I've ever bought from them.

is maracyn ok for planted tanks? you thin it might be best to treat him In his tank (55) or should I move him to a smaller one. they are both planted

Maracyn plus, which treats fungus as I've read, is supossitly plant safe as long as you follow the recomended dosags. Is the smaller tank a quarentine tank? And if you might possibly be able to get more pictures that'd be helpfull. I've never seen a fungus look like that before and I'd like to be sure thats what it is.

oh no!! could it be even though i havent added anything new to the tank and ive had him for a couple months. no the 20 if a planted tank. could i just put him in a 5 gallon bucket? darn i was just about to go to the store to get some melafix

oh no!! could it be even though i havent added anything new to the tank and ive had him for a couple months. no the 20 if a planted tank. could i just put him in a 5 gallon bucket? darn i was just about to go to the store to get some melafix

Why melafix? Doesnt tthat just help with healing? A five gal bucket would work but a better option would be a large storage bin. I dont have a quarentene tank but I recently invested in a large 10gal storage bin. Its sides are straight so I can fit a hob filter off the side. Just an idea.

poor guy didnt make it :( im gonna keep an eye on the others in the tank though. i hope no one cought it and i might add some salt too

Back
Top Bottom