GBR or DG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

olbustedhotness

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
atm i have 4 emerald eye rasbora(4 died on me..don't know why) 5 het rasbora( going to get 3 or 4 more) and 1 albino BN pleco.

i want to get a centerpiece fish. I was thinking a GBR or and dwarf gourami..any subjugation

German blue ram. I have a ram and dwarf gourami. The ram is by far more active and fun to have. Seem to live longer and overall can be prettier. :)

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Yes plenty for 1.. More than 1 could get aggressive with each other. My 20g has a community which includes my electric blue

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

cool thanks.....know anything about bolivian ram..
i'm just looking looking at stuff at my lfs

just got my GBR and a dwarf pea puffer

Puffers are quite territorial. I'd seriously keep an eye on it.

Dwarf puffers are known to be serious fin nippers to fish. They also will eat or try to eat any snails in the tank.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I have had both fish. I don't think the pea puffer is a great fit for GBR. They are quite slow and calm. Puffer will bite the fins of GBR and your little guy will have tears in his fins. I had my puffer in a 20g community but all fast fish that could hold their own.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

I have had both fish. I don't think the pea puffer is a great fit for GBR. They are quite slow and calm. Puffer will bite the fins of GBR and your little guy will have tears in his fins. I had my puffer in a 20g community but all fast fish that could hold their own.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Agree on this. If you are going to have a puffer in a community it better be some fast fish like danios he can't catch.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I would just try to purchase a 5g for the puffer all together, and insta cycle it with media from the 20. I believe it will cause more problems in the community tank then not, especially since it can be an avid fin nipper, you might get lucky though an not have one of that temperament, but I think it's better to be safe then sorry on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom