GBR's Ready to Spawn!? Lots of Pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cobaltskyy said:
And they ate them again. Its probably for the best, Im going to change over from artificial to live plants anyways....and Im going to try sand or fine gravel substrate.

Ah man!! :-(

Well new plants went in yesterday! 2 Water Sprites, and I transplanted my ruffle plant (name?) from my 30 gal.

They seem very happy and it looks so pretty!

How are the little guys? I just got some new ones, a couple wild caught blues and 4 electric blue so I hope I get a viable pair out of the lot.

They are doing great they seem much more relaxed with the new plants! 2 big water sprites and a ruffle plant (not sure of the actual name). Im hoping this will help them from eating the eggs the next time they spawn.

ForumRunner_20120216_223201.jpg

ForumRunner_20120216_223228.jpg

ForumRunner_20120216_223304.jpg

Plants probably won't help. Artificially raised rams are notoriously bad parents and the only thing that might help them is experience and many attempts of getting it wrong before they are successful.

bs6749 said:
Plants probably won't help. Artificially raised rams are notoriously bad parents and the only thing that might help them is experience and many attempts of getting it wrong before they are successful.

Yea I figured it cant hurt, so far 2 failed spawns...hoping after a few more they will get the hang of it! :)

Next spawn should be soon, like today...LOL females belly is bright pinkish red, tube starting to show. No eggs as of this AM, fingers crossed!!

Cobaltskyy said:
Next spawn should be soon, like today...LOL females belly is bright pinkish red, tube starting to show. No eggs as of this AM, fingers crossed!!

Did they ever spawn again??

Cobaltskyy said:
They must have but I never saw the eggs this time...they apparently think they are caviar :nono: ....LOL

I'm just letting nature take it's course and see what happens. :ermm:

Well maybe one of these times they will let them hatch. :). You'll have a surprise if they do!

Well so much for that. The other day the male started attacking the female, next day she was dead. Soooooo i have given up, he is now the centerpiece to my freshwater community tank and loving that he is the prettiest....lol RIP little girl :(

Cobaltskyy said:
Well so much for that. The other day the male started attacking the female, next day she was dead. Soooooo i have given up, he is now the centerpiece to my freshwater community tank and loving that he is the prettiest....lol RIP little girl :(

I'm so sorry! :-(

Back
Top Bottom