Geophagus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The geo should be okay now, with enough hiding spots the apistogramma might make it depending what species of geo and it's adult size he might eat the apistogramma

Geos tend to not really focus on smaller fish, when they are of the surinamensis complex rather than the brasiliensis. How big is the mystery fish btw?

I'm pretty sure that Ernie has eaten two of my penguin tetras lol. The mystery fish about 4cm at the moment.

Geophagus are crustacean and insect eaters, they sift through the sand to find organisms hiding under the surface of the sand. They are ill-equipped to prey on fish

Really? Where have they gone then? I've looked everywhere.People on the geo life page say yes he has eaten. The man at the shop said he won't actively seek them out to eat them but if they are there and will fit in his mouth he will eat them for sure.

I measured him today he's about 8.5cm and the penguins are about 2.5cm. What else do you think could have happened to them if he hasn't eaten them?

Either died and were eaten by your other fish before you noticed (I've had this happen) or they jumped the tank, did you check your floor and behind the tank? Did you clean your filter and check it for bones?

Lol they're not on the floor plus I look at my tank all day long as I work from home. How do they get in the filter?

Back
Top Bottom