German Blue Ram schooling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iMax

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive had a GBR in my tank for a week now and he did his own thing until today when I picked up 5 green tiger barbs for $5 at petco, 10 seconds after they were released into the tank he schooled with them and they've been doing it for an hour now. He used to sit in his own area but now is super active just like the barbs

I know they both have the black lines near their eyes but thats the only thing similar in appearance.

Has anyone had experience with this before? is it normal?

Each ram is different with it's own personality. Right now it seems yours is just doing his thing. It's not going to hurt anything but with tiger barbs do watch they don't get aggressive with the ram. How big is your tank?

Not only the black bar but also the body shapes are similar so it's not suprising to me at all. Some gbr are mild mannered and not very territorial.

It is really neat to see him so active now, there may be some competition with the other males as well since his colors are popping

Back
Top Bottom