German Blue Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquali

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got two German Blue Rams however unsure the genders of either there is one I believe is a male but rather unsure of the other, but the one I think is a male chases the other one when ever it tries to come down to the bottom level it doesn't try to fight back just swims back towards the top and tries to come down in a different spot. Is there any way to prevent this from happening or am i going to be needing to find a new home for one of them. Also they are only about 1"-1.5" long not really sure how to measure fish.

I also have an empty 30l Biorb that I can set up if need be but this behavior has been going on since I got them July 3rd.

I might be able to get photos of the two fish later I've had a hard time trying to do it since they don't like to sit still.

30 liters. That is about eight gallons of water which is not big enough to house one GBR, maybe fifteen gallons, unless its temporary. I suspect they are both males. You will have to rehome one or return one if they are both males. The best way to sex them is when they reach maturity, they have a spot between I believe that if it has a blue tinge to it it is a female, if not it is a male. How big is the tank they are in?

They are in a 29g tank, and at what size do they reach maturity approxamitly?

So here is the two pictures of the rams the one that isn't pooping is the one who is chased the other one is the chaser. Sorry about the pooping all the other shots were blurry.

Attachments

• German Blue Ram Chaser.jpg
    German Blue Ram Chaser.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 122
  • German Blue Ram Chased.jpg
    German Blue Ram Chased.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 122
Back
Top Bottom