Getting 80 gallon tank. Are these fish compatible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tormented

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i havent gotten the tank yet, but i might as well plan on what i am getting :fish2:

Guppies - Mainly ones from my ten gallon, but might get some new blood in there :fish2:

Shrimp- unknown numbers but i want somwe different kinds including: Crystal Red, Cherry, Ghost, and Blue velvet/pearl.

Snails - mystery and maybe an apple snail or two

Kuhli Loaches - 5-10, they are cute and hilarious!

Some other livebearers including: Mollies, Platies, and Swordtails. All from my brother. These peticular fish are friendly with guppies. :)

Betta- Thats my main question. I have read that no its bad, then i have read its okay if they have enough room.

Sand is going to be the substrate, i heard kuhlis are fun to watch in it XD I would also like some ideas about what plants are good for shrimp to climb.

I had Betta in my 65 gallon for almost a week then he started taking out guppies. I've heard you can do it, but it depends on the fish. After he took out 3 or 4 just for the sake of killing them he got is own 10 gallon.

Tormented said:
So i havent gotten the tank yet, but i might as well plan on what i am getting :fish2:

Guppies - Mainly ones from my ten gallon, but might get some new blood in there :fish2:

Shrimp- unknown numbers but i want somwe different kinds including: Crystal Red, Cherry, Ghost, and Blue velvet/pearl.

Snails - mystery and maybe an apple snail or two

Kuhli Loaches - 5-10, they are cute and hilarious!

Some other livebearers including: Mollies, Platies, and Swordtails. All from my brother. These peticular fish are friendly with guppies. :)

Betta- Thats my main question. I have read that no its bad, then i have read its okay if they have enough room.

Sand is going to be the substrate, i heard kuhlis are fun to watch in it XD I would also like some ideas about what plants are good for shrimp to climb.

As far as I know most species are compactible. I don't think bettas do well in tanks that big. You could do a dwarf gourami or pearl gourami or a pair of german blue rams instead of a betta.

If you wanted to try a betta you could maybe try a female, you may have better luck than a male.. but maybe not. The gourami idea is a great option too though

My female betta was Georgous . She was calm and peaceful when I moved the male. She died though because I moved and plus she was brought from pets at home

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom