Getting a Setup opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_sass72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am getting a setup I found. It is a 75 gallon, stand, hood.

The lights are 65watt (130 watt total) power compacts with ballast.

The filter with this is a ProClear Wet/Dry with Bio Balls and a 2200 pump.

Does this look good? I had settled my mind on getting a Fluval Canister
But now, it's all changed since I found this. I haven't read up on this other filter, so I am asking opinions on it.

I know I'm going to need that skimmer, and I'm looking onto that today to add soon.

Thanks!
Sas

It will be fine for a fish only tank. Yes, the skimmer is a good idea. If you were wanting corals, the set up could/should be changed some.

Thanks, yes into corals eventually. I'd like to do live rock in this tank. I'm looking into lower light corals, but I am a long ways from that. Will my lighting support the LR?

I'm pretty set on the tank, the filter system is optional but pretty cheap. I have a feeling I'll end up upgrading that as well soon.

Well Live Rock dont need much light, Get Uncured rock.

130 watts you cant have any corals that I know of maybe button polyps, For corals you need between 2-5 watts per gallon and higher for Clams and some corals.

But once again Rock dont need light its the corals that do. Coraline will actually grow better under lower light. 6500K bulbs I recommend for good coralline

Thank you. I plan on upgrading the light as soon as I can save up for it. I am also going to do the skimmer soon. I know it isn't needed at the start. I just want to get my water started. That's my biggest focus. Corals are way down the line from me. I want to do it right, so slow is the way. Everyone I've spoken with says do it right the first time, and that is my aim.

Thanks for the advice!

Are you going to go with a DSB or bare bottom? Thats what area you need to really research.. I did and I suggest you read, read. For the Skimmer I would recommend the Euroreef YEs there kind of expensive but worth it.

Back
Top Bottom