Getting fustrated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really don't believe it was the BN that killed the clown. Especially in a tank of that size.
Can you put a pipe of some sort in the koi tank as a refuge for the the leopard?
Otherwise he will be okay with the BN. So long as everybody has their own little hidey hole to retreat to they should be fine. It's the leopard that will become aggressive to other plecos as he matures.
Just remember to acclimate him and check that the ph is not drastically different between the two tanks.
If the 10g is fully cycled then that is a perfectly acceptable option also.
Whichever tank he's in, be sure to give him his own piece of wood.
And don't sell your Koi! :)

image-2916117770.jpg

I put this little cave in and he has had a nice piece of driftwood in the tank! I get wood for all my plecos.

image-186946301.jpg

His little corner he hangs in I put that green plastic plant in there as cover.

I put this little cave in and he has had a nice piece of driftwood in the tank! I get wood for all my plecos.

His little corner he hangs in I put that green plastic plant in there as cover.

Lol @ the pic of koi waiting for their dinner to emerge! That's got to be a scary sight for a wee fishy!
The cave and wood are great, however If the koi are still able to get at him in that cave, and you don't have a piece of PVC pipe, then maybe a glazed coffee mug on its side would do a better job than the plant of providing extra cover?

Still lol @ the koi!
(Unless they eat him- in which case :cry: )

Lol @ the pic of koi waiting for their dinner to emerge! That's got to be a scary sight for a wee fishy!
The cave and wood are great, however If the koi are still able to get at him in that cave, and you don't have a piece of PVC pipe, then maybe a glazed coffee mug on its side would do a better job than the plant of providing extra cover?

Still lol @ the koi!
(Unless they eat him- in which case :cry: )

I don't think they could get him there as they are way too big to fit in the cave and could they actually eat him? With his hard body and stuff? And it's only the biggest white koi and the smallest yellow one that I caught bullying it the other two have been peaceful with everything.

Danger averted! Now you have the awesome problem of stocking your 55g

Haha probably just put some of my goldfish on my other 55 in their so its 3 in one 2 In the other.

That's good because Koi can be so much fun in a pond. Ours got their first treat of water melon today and it last a couple minutes. If your out there and not paying attention to them, which means not feeding them, some of the bigger ones have learned to twist and slash water on you with their tails. Guess that's their way of saying "excuse me, we hungry... still".

That's awesome haha I want to try to train for hand feeding when they get in a pond!

Start working on them in the tank as it makes them more comfortable once outside. It's not hard to do.

Just be sure to dig an area of the pond 3' deep so they can safely overwinter in your cold temps. Ours is 4' at the deepest.

Just found out its going to be at least. 2 weeks so should I just keep my pleco In the tank or move to the 10 gallon and move back in a couple of weeks?

If it's only for 2 weeks and he's not getting picked on too much I'd just leave him instead of stressing him twice.

Back
Top Bottom