Getting rid of antibiotics-color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megi-lin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had a bacterial infection, of which I did a full dose treatment of tetracycline. It has severely discolored my tank and I had a ton of foam and bubbles at the surface from my aeration tube. I skimmed that all up yesterday and shut off my aeration pump. I put fresh filter cartridges in on Wednesday or Thursday. I read that the fresh activated carbon should remove the medicine. But does it also remove the color?
If not, what do I need to do to remove it? Should I just do water changes, or do I need sea Chem? I am confused by the medication package if sea Chem will remove the medicine or the color. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1460916915178.jpg
    1460916915178.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 66
Yes, water changes will help. The carbon should work as well, but honestly I have not used it in years.
By Seachem are you referring to (Seachem) Purigen? That product is verify effective in removing discolorations.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, water changes will help. The carbon should work as well, but honestly I have not used it in years.
By Seachem are you referring to (Seachem) Purigen? That product is verify effective in removing discolorations.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I believe that is what I am referring to. It was on the antibiotic box.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

NEVER use tetracycline, for this reason. Its a gram + only antibiotic....mostly useless in fish execpt maybe fish TB or strepp
I think maybe I reccomended Tetracycline?
I was actually talking about Oxytetracycline, a gram + & - good bacteria friend colorless antibiotic.
Here, idk what this is or if it will help but you could give it a read
http://www.drugs.com/vet/terramycin-200-for-fish.html

Back
Top Bottom