Getting started... Again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UCrazyKid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I don't have anything yet. I'm resurrecting a 60 gal system that has been in storage for 5 years. I now have the space for it and am trying to get started. So far I have it in my garage and I have polished out the scratches, fixed the filters so they no longer leak, refinished the cabinet, and replaced the filter media. I'm now in the process of re-plumbing the system with new hose. Once I have everything set up like I want I will venture to move it into the house, fill it with crushed coral and put water in it.

The tank consists of a 60 Gal Truvu
a Truvu wet dry system
Fluval 303 canister
protein skimmer
Angstrum UV sterilizer
and a bunch of power heads

I used to have an aggressive fish only tank. I had a Black Volitan Lion ~6", a Pink Tailed Triger ~5" and a Picasso Huma ~5".

I ran it for about 4 years and then had to move so I shut it down and stored it away under my parents house. Now I have the space for it, so I'm starting it again.

This time I'm planning a social community tank Fish and Live Rock only.

Andy

Hey UCrazyKid!! welcome to AA!!

Sounds like you are well on your way, but things have changed a little since you last kept fish. Wet Dry systems are going by way of the Dinosaur. Most people are converting them into sumps or refugims.

Your going to love a passive tank! You also have the options for a full blown mini reef as well with this type of tank.

Glad to have you back in the hobby!!

PS. The wet/dry w/bio-balls are basically a breeding ground for Nitrates.

revhtree said:
Hey UCrazyKid!! welcome to AA!!

Wet Dry systems are going by way of the Dinosaur. Most people are converting them into sumps or refugims.

What are these and where can I find info on them?

Back
Top Bottom