Getting there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cjsanders757

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got some chaetomorpha and lr from the lfs. The macro is in a homemade egg crate box sitting in my amiracle sump temporarily till my new sump comes in. Should I add a light for the chaeto?

Yes a 18 watt compact fluro will work great get a cheap clamp on work light and run it counter current to your main lights

You don't really need a UV sterilizer. Spend it on something more useful like a bigger skimmer or powerheads.

I got one just because I don't have a skimmer or room for one until I get a new sump hopefully soon

Cjsanders757 said:
I got one just because I don't have a skimmer or room for one until I get a new sump hopefully soon

I like uv sterilizers they can take care of parasites and algae sporse and some bacteria to be effective tho you need run water thru it fairly slow i do like 150 gph

Grizz said:
It helps keep the PH stable

To expand a bit, when plants photosynthesize, the take up co2 (co2 lowers ph) and respire o2 back in the tank. Your photosynthetic organisms in the tank do the same thing. So if you run the sump light counter to the display tank, there is always something reducing the co2 in the tank keeping the ph stable and avoiding large shifts from night time and day time.

Back
Top Bottom