Ghost Knife growth rate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pstergiou78

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello fish people! So I purchased two young ghost knife fish for my 150 gallon tank, but have them in my smaller 55 until they get a bit bigger. Does anyone know the growth rate of these? I don't want to put them in the bug tank until they are much bigger. They are racinating to watch.

It all depends... How often are you feeding? How are your water conditions?

More feedings with pristine water conditions = faster growth rate

Feed twice a day, all the fish flakes in the morning, and flakes and cubed bloodworms in the evening. Water conditions always good.

It should grow quicker than most if that is the case, but it also depends on the fish. I know people that have had them grow 4 inches in a year and I know people that had them grow 4cm in a year.

The best thing I could suggest is to just keep your water conditions on point and feeds regular.

Thanks! Hopefully they get bigger sooner than later, as I want them in the big tank as that is my display tank!

I think general consensus is that they are fairly slow growers. I've had mine 3 months and it's grown about 1/4-1/2".

They grow to about 8 inches quick then they literally like stop growing. Grow very very slow and it needs like three years for it to reach to its maximum length. But if you put them in a big tank they will grow quick obviously. Also in my case feeding bloodworms make them grow a little fast. I feed mine bloodworns at night and pallets in morning. Please avoid live food. They are predatory so if they eat packaged food its very good. Good for future when u plan ti put them with fish little smaller.

Back
Top Bottom