Ghost Shrimp Compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bud29

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I'm interested in getting 10-11 ghost shrimp in my 34 gallon with platys, guppies, zebra danios, a swordtail, and a balloon molly. Would the ghost shrimp just end up being dinner for some of the fish? I'm mainly concerned about the swordtail and danios. I really want to be sure because the closest place that sells them is 5 hours away from me and I dont want to spend 10 hours in the car to get dinner for my fish.
:thanks: in advance

The ghost shrimp will most likely make dinner of any fry your existing fish have. They are super quick, grabbing the sleeping fry or just slow-moving fry, and consuming them.

Mollies

I had my two mollies decide to eat my 5 ghost shrimp. No more ghost shrimp, if it fists in the mouth, its dinner! I didn't think it would happen, but I was switching their food. the mollies didn't like what was being served and decided ghost shrimp is where its at. I believe it also had something to do with them being pregnant. :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom