Ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cdepriest6009

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just wondering if anyone has ever kept any ghost shrimp. My wife and I was wanting to add some to our 10g tank that has 2 albino corys a pair of sword tails and a female beta but we didn't want the beta to think of them as a snack and so we was going to get some of the shrimp and put them in the 1.5g that the beta used to be in and let them grow up some before adding them in the larger tank. Would this be a good idea to do or what?

Well there is quite a bot of cover at the bottom of the tank. Would be ok to start a community of GS on a 1.5g tank.

Well I personally think you have too many fish in there at the moment. Shrimp won't really add to that problem too much, but it won't help, either. :)

Wait in a 10g there is only 5 in there they aren't in the 1.5 that's what we had the beta in before we go the big tank cycled.

Ive had ghost shrimp for years and the tiger barbs never paid attention to them. Dunno about betas though just keep an eye on them hope i helped

im keeping my 5 ghost shrimp with 6 cherry barbs, 7 zebra danios and a female guppy. so far none has eaten them yet!!!

i have a 1.5 gallon with about 8 ghost shrimp they are doing good.they were wild caught and have already adapted. just feed them fish flakes

Well the little 1.5g that I was going to put some ghost shrimp in is now inhabited by another beta. Lol we seen the little guy at the store an loved his color so we got him luckily we still had the small tank going from the previous beta getting it ready for the shrimp but I guess we will have to figure something else out.

I have a betta in my 3g with about 10 GS and he's never bothered any of them, I don't think you should worry even in the 1.5 if you wanted shrimp in both :)

well the only thing we was going to do with the 1.5 was let the shrimp grow before we put them in our bigger tanks cause i have some cats that would eat the smaller ones but we are going to get some and put them in our 10 gal that has a female beta, a pair of swordtails and 2 corys and then see about some in the 25 gal I may see about adding a few to the 1.5 just as a clean up crew so to say.

Ghost shimp should do fine with any non agessive tank set up I have 12 in my 55 gal planted tank the most agesive fish is alstralin rainbow at almost 3in (school of 5). Yo yo loach, and two 3 1/2in brisial noise albino plecko the shrimp are doing very well.

Back
Top Bottom