Ghost shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roxxma

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am thinking of getting a couple or three ghost shrimp for my aquarium (10 gal), but am a little worried about compatibility with the other fish, especially the dwarf gourami and black molly. Will they get eaten? I have read conflicting comaptibility lists. Can anyone offer any advice?

I have 10 of them with a molly and haven't seen anything happen yet. They may be lunch though for the Gourami. I'd say just try it and see. Fish vary by the individual. Your Gourami may not even touch them.

id get a dozen or so because within a month (2 times) over 75% of mine die. the ones that survive usually survive a really long time.

gouramis stay at the top usually so i think th ghost shrimp will be okay.. theiir usually pretty cheap anyway

My Dwarf Gourami's don't touch the shrimp I put in my tank. Now, the loaches... I haven't seen them eat the shrimp, but I get empty jars of Tartar sauce from under thier log every time I clean.

I am pretty sure a dozen would be fine in your ten gallon. I put 7 in my 10gallon QT tank the other day and you can hardly find them.

Back
Top Bottom