Glue????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard of people using super glue to attach java moss and java fern to logs and rocks and whatnot, if it is cured completely (I'd wait 24 hrs) it should be fine.

it might take a while with sand paper, but yeah you can sand terra cotta... just make sure not to inhale the dust. if you are wanting to quickly round off corners, try rubbing it on the sidewalk like chalk :) And I wouldn't use the gorilla glue, you can find super glue for a dollar or two at walmart...

Hmmm, I believe its aquarium safe, but I don't know how well it will hold on the clay once the clay gets waterlogged... maybe try gluing two scrap pieces together and soak them to see if it holds?

I read somewhere about responses from Krazy Glue and Gorilla Glue in regards to being aquarium safe.

BOTH of them are in fact aquarium safe. For Krazy Glue, the customer representative said it would be to safe after waiting 1 day. As for Gorilla Glue Representatives, they said to cure for 2 weeks before putting it in.

i use dollar store gel crazy glue for glueing corals which go right in the tank so is safe

Hi, I use this, it's amazing and as stated on the packaging completely safe.

Attachments

• image-2279807229.jpg
    image-2279807229.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 52
Hat kind of glue can I use to glue 3-4 pieces of clay pot??

You can use any glue that is cyanoacrylate based. Most superglues are made from this. I'd use super glue gel as it's much easier to work with. The cyanoacrylate is a completely inert solvent and is fine to use in aquariums. Salties, including myself, use this all the time to bond coral frags to rock.

Back
Top Bottom