goby and killi fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steeledarren

Aquarium Advice Activist
i saw some lush bumblebee gobies in my lfs today and right fancied one, is it true you can only keep them in brackish water, would love some in my community tank, also i heard them saying they were getting some killi fish in and that they are great fish, i dont know much about these, could you have these in a community, thanks

bumblebee gobies are bw fish. what kind of killifish did they get in? many will only eat frozen or live fish and they jump and many only last a year some 2-3 years. on the other hand they tend to spawn easy look wonderful and good in a community.

to be honest im not sure, they said the name but i couldnt remember, been looking on the net ever since, could you tell me any good species? peacful ones

I have a pair of Golden Wonder Killifish in my community tank. They are very docile and peaceful towards larger species but as was stated above they like to jump and eat anything they can fit in their mouths. After feeding i have to hurry up and put the cover back on the tank...i've had them leap out while i standing there. They're also not picky about food between flake,brine and bloodworms their color is great.

cool, do they get big, would they be good with my clown loaches?

bumblebee gobies are bw fish. what kind of killifish did they get in? many will only eat frozen or live fish and they jump and many only last a year some 2-3 years. on the other hand they tend to spawn easy look wonderful and good in a community.

Misconceptions, Killies get such a bad rap. lol

Wild caught fish will act as stated with food, but all the captive raised fish I've had have eaten small bite pellets and FD foods. Also "Annuals" doesn't mean that they live for a year. It means they live for a season in the wild. It's always the wet season in a fish tank and I've had annual fish live for well over 2 years and spawn numerous times (some people still say they will only spawn once a year). Killies are great small tank community center piece fish IMHO. Just be sure to research the individual species, it's a very diverse group and some get big and have really big mouths.

Rant over. :)

Back
Top Bottom