Goby and shrimp pair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zacheyp

Aquarium Advice Addict
What exactly is the relationship between the goby and shrimp? What type of goby and shrimp would I need?

The Goby helps protect the shrimp (because it is nearly blind), and the shrimp makes the home/cleans it for the both of them to live in. It seems to me that I heard that the Goby gets food and brings it back (not sure about that one though).

Not sure about if they should be added at the same time. I think it may better to do so though. :confused:

I have a pink spotted watchman goby and a pistol shrimp. they have yet to find each other after many months of being in the tank together. :-(

its not meant to be then carey. and genereally its the shrimp that hunts for the food the shrimp uses its snapping claw to protect both while the goby has excellent sight while the pistol shrimp is near blind.

redsea, i think you are reffering to the clown/anemone relationship. clowns use the anemone as a home and bring the anemone food

Gti_Leo said:
its not meant to be then carey. and genereally its the shrimp that hunts for the food the shrimp uses its snapping claw to protect both while the goby has excellent sight while the pistol shrimp is near blind.

redsea, i think you are reffering to the clown/anemone relationship. clowns use the anemone as a home and bring the anemone food

Any ideas which have this relationship?

Back
Top Bottom