going out of town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtuner119

Aquarium Advice Regular
i need to leave the tank unattended for 3 to 4 days. what do i need to do so my fish are still alive when i get back?

Neither plants nor fish will be affected by a lapse in care of less than a week. Just don't leave your lights on :p

I agree with the above comments.. Plus I read/heard somewhere that Goldfish can survive up to 2 weeks without food! Though don't go on my word and i'm not sure if this is true for other species.

Vacation Tank care

i need to leave the tank unattended for 3 to 4 days. what do i need to do so my fish are still alive when i get back?

Hello J...

I feed the fish a little more until a couple of days before I leave and then a day or so before, I do a large water change and service the filter equipment. That's it. Tropical fish can go several days without food. I don't recommend letting anyone else feed the fish, but if you have someone that can come over just to check to make sure everything is running, then that would be good. If not, no problems, the tank will be fine for a few days.

B

do a water change, feed normally, and get your lights on a timer. they're only about ten dollars, and will keep things from going green ;) or brown if you leave them off...

sweet. thanks guys. heres an update of my dempsey

image-892751680.jpg

looks mean!

Back
Top Bottom