Golden mystery snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dancersmama79

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought 1 golden snail n 2 black snails about thumbnail size nearly 6 wks ago n the black snails have doubled in size n the golden is not growing at all n not moving around much I also have a large golden almost the size of the palm of my hand. I have cuttlebone in my 20g and5g tanks and keep the temp at least 78. And filtered I also have 3 female bettas. I keep one Betta the small golden and one black snail in the 5g and 2 female betas n large golden n black snail in the 20g. Any suggestions on how to get my lil golden guy to grow or why he's not growing??

Here are pics of the snails bought at the same time they were the same size. Black snails are growing at the same pace while the golden one is barely growing if at all

Attachments

• image-3135624527.jpg
    image-3135624527.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1804830284.jpg
    image-1804830284.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 87
My lil golden died. Lately anytime I've tried to get advice on this site no one replies so I give up trying used to think it was a good resource for Betta advice now I think I'm just on my own

dancersmama79 said:
My lil golden died. Lately anytime I've tried to get advice on this site no one replies so I give up trying used to think it was a good resource for Betta advice now I think I'm just on my own

I'm sorry for your loss. If the conditions arent perfect, it may be hard to get them to grow.

I've had no probs with my other ones. It's the only one I had that died the other ones are growing n active n both my tanks are fully cycled n my nitrates never get over 20 n my ph stays at 7.6 n temp is at least 76-78 in the 20g and 80 in the 5g

Sorry to hear about your snail. :( I am new to snail keeping and I LOVE my Apple Snail (golden mystery snail).

Back
Top Bottom