Goldfish Oranda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hubert90

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys, i just have a question i couldnt find the answer to myself. I think its me being paranoid but ive had this oranda for about 1 year now and its growth seems to be stunt i say this because hes so small, maybe because i see it every single day!! heres a pic
033.jpg

and heres a pic of him with my fancy fantail
034.jpg

they are the only ones in my 39 gallon. i believe ive done everything right. i have a eheim pro 2 2028 with spray bar to provide surface agitation, i keep the temp at around 21 degrees Celsius (low 70F), have a air pump that delivers 600LPH, and ive also changed all my plastic plants to fabric to avoid injuries.

Feeding Schedule
Monday - hikari lionhead (sinking type)
Tuesday - some frozen food from my LFS (one is made for goldfish and one is a vege supplement)
Wednesday - hikari lionhead (sinking type)
Thursday - Deshelled peas
Friday - fasting
Saturday - hikari lionhead (sinking type)

10% and 50% PWC alternatively every week.

I was expecting abit more 'growth' so to say. I thought maybe his growth was already stunt before i brought him? am i crazy?? i think so

also another question should i change over to new life spectrum goldfish? it contains less protein but less ash so i think it would be a better option

Thanks guys :D

hey guys, i just have a question i couldnt find the answer to myself. I think its me being paranoid but ive had this oranda for about 1 year now and its growth seems to be stunt i say this because hes so small, maybe because i see it every single day!! heres a pic

I was expecting abit more 'growth' so to say. I thought maybe his growth was already stunt before i brought him? am i crazy?? i think so

also another question should i change over to new life spectrum goldfish? it contains less protein but less ash so i think it would be a better option

Thanks guys :D

I don't know Orandas but it does seem a bit odd. My Panda Fantail has tripled in size over the past 6 months. NLS is great food, but keep up on the peas (shelled).

Here's a link that might have some insight. BTW I like this site for all my fish.

Oranda Goldfish, Carassius auratus, Fancy goldfish, goldfish Care and information with goldfish pictures

Mr. Limpet said:
I don't know Orandas but it does seem a bit odd. My Panda Fantail has tripled in size over the past 6 months. NLS is great food, but keep up on the peas (shelled).

Here's a link that might have some insight. BTW I like this site for all my fish.

Oranda Goldfish, Carassius auratus, Fancy goldfish, goldfish Care and information with goldfish pictures

Haha most be so rewarding to have ur blackmoor growth. Im gonna try nls and see how thing goes but I highly doubt that it's diet related. Haha but Ive always wanted to change!

I forgot to add one info. My oranda loves gasping for air after I feed him pellets. I pre-soaked my pellets for 10-15mins. I don't over feed. For 2 goldfish I feed about 10 pellets, so I don't believe that's overfeeding. He doesn't do it when he's fed frozen food and peas. So I come to believe that it's the pellets. It's use hikari lionhead over hikari oranda mainly because it's sinks. No swimming bladder problem so far. Being doin this for as long as I can remember.

Anyone wanna take a shot at this mystery?

Back
Top Bottom