goldfish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hubbybug12409

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just cleaned my fish tank a week ago and I clean it once a week. But the filter is realy realy dirty. And my other tank I also clean once a week that filter is not that bad.. whybisbtyebgold fish tankbfilter get realy bad?

What size tank? What type/size filter? How many goldfish are in the tank? Some more info will help us to help you better!

If I had to guess i would say 15 or 20 gallon. And like 6 small goldfish. And im not sure what kind of filter

Are they single tail or double tail goldfish? Goldfish are extremely messy, high bioload fish (produce alot of ammonia) that grow much larger than anyone realizes. The issues your having are strictly due to a very overstocked tank. A 20g is really only suitable for a single goldfish, even as a youngster.

Do you have a test kit for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph? What do these read? I would suggest lots of big water changes (as in daily) to keep everyone healthy until you can figure out your stocking situation. Please ask if you have any questions!

Back
Top Bottom