GoldieLocks 24gal Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well some fixtures can't handle a higher wattage, the higher the wattage the brighter the light I think your light is good just curious

Oh boy... I already ordered it. Seems like I'll find out soon. If not I'll just return it :)

Not at all trying to alarm you at all your fine almost all compact fluorescence will work in a cube I was just curious cuz the 55w one will penetrate deeper in your tank give you better light

I HAVE COPODS! They are so cool! There are tons of them on the back wall.

Question if anyone would like to respond. Does anyone use stuff such as coralline growth or purple up? I don't want to buy it unless it works.

purple up won't do much if you're already watching your parameters (alk, mag, calc etc). If you're already keeping those in check, purple up won't add anything to your system. If you are not and/or the levels are low, purple up will help give a high dose of those parameters which encourage coraline algae growth etc.

Purple up only works if you have some corline age present in your tank. If you have calcium in your tank it will grow

Thanks aqua rick and Steve. Everything else is going well, very nearly finished my cycle give it a day or two. It's been about a month or so all in all not bad for timing. I just can't wait to add frags!

I do need to do an update, don't I!

Okay, I've finished my cycle about 2 weeks ago. Or more I think. I now have two True Percula clownfish, they are so pretty! And also one yellow tail damsel fish, which happens to be VERY territorial of the whole of my rock work. Literally, the clowns can't go near it. So I'm going to see if I can take him back to the shop I got him from. Just waiting on my next pay cheque to really get the ball rolling! Going to get some snails, lots of corals and I'm thinking of upgrading the light. Not sure.

For the first corals I'm thinking:

Green Star Polyp
Zoas
And I really wanted to get that green hammer head coral but I'm not sure what's it called?

As for a picture of the clowns, it says I've got too many pictures on here :( And I'm on my iPod so I don't know how to delete them, if someone could point me in the right direction I will add them pronto :)

That's it for now :)

AquaRick said:
Damsel's are quite nasty little buggers. Good call on returning it.

Is this the green hammer coral you were wondering about?

Hammer / Anchor Coral

They are! But I loved the blue colour so much I thought I would try him, oh well.

Yes! That's the one. Would that be okay for my tank? I notices it says aggressive?

As long as you have enough room in your tank, you should be fine. From LA:

"At night, its sweeper tentacles can extend up to six inches in the reef aquarium, stinging other species of corals and animals. Allow plenty of room between it and other neighboring corals"

I don't have experience with this coral so can't say for myself, but it seems ok given enough space.

Back
Top Bottom