GoldieLocks 24gal Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats Banana, a yellow watchman goby. Very small fish so far and very pleasant. A good fish for you if you like it! he eats everything but is a little shy, he's getting better about coming out these days.

GoldieLocks1 said:
Chris- When are you planning to get one? I live in Dorset

Hopefully gonna start on one next year, that should be enough time for me to convince the gf lol :)

Carey, I like him, he is cute and colourful! I only really want colourful fish to brighten up the tank! How big will he get?

Chris- Take her shopping and that will be the only convincing she will need. Lol

Thank you for the link! In the picture the little dude is nearly as small as the snail shell! What other fish can you think of?

You really do have alot of choices. Royal grammas are nice to have, really colorful, mine did hide alot though. :-(

Were you gonna go with clowns? Thread is getting long so i kinda forgot! lol

GoldieLocks1 said:
Chris- Take her shopping and that will be the only convincing she will need. Lol

Haha I'll try that but she can take my card, shopping with a female takes forever lol (no offence) and I think it's gonna take abit more than that she's quite stubborn, I'm lucky to have the 32g I got now lol.

You really do have alot of choices. Royal grammas are nice to have, really colorful, mine did hide alot though. :-(

Were you gonna go with clowns? Thread is getting long so i kinda forgot! lol

Yess, I am defo going to have clowns. Two. Not black and white now though, some perculas probably.

Back againn! Well, not much to add. I received my buckets in the post. 4 X 42 L, which is about 8 Gallons I think. They are flexy though which I never thought about... as long as I don't move them around too much and fill them to the brim with water they should be fine!

I am just about to order that RO unit Mj recommend. And also test kits which I thought were already coming but something happened so I am just re-ordering them. Test kits I am ordering include: Api Master Reef test kit, salifert ammonia, salifert nitrate, salifert nitrite.

Then I might just buy a small power head for now and upgrade in the near future.

Here are some pictures to tide you over:

Attachments

• THE BOMB PHOTOS2213.jpg
    THE BOMB PHOTOS2213.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 105
  • THE BOMB PHOTOS2214.jpg
    THE BOMB PHOTOS2214.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 93
WHATT.Mj, there is a £7.23 Tax on that Ro unit!! Lure you in with free shipping and then BANG.

LOL. Aren't they just. Do you know what...I just realised I have everything to get the tank up now?!?! :) :)

What noway did you get it today? How much total? I visited the most grim aquarium store today!! It had the the orca tl550 tl450 and the betta lifespace on display but the tanks and stand were all overpriced! The corals there were all rotting away in this disgustingly dirty tank with 4 dead sea urchins in then the fish were all in these tiny nintendo ds sized boxes with no prices and then I got shocked that there was a tang and foxfaces in these miniature boxes Wich may I add you couldn't really see into! It was foul but the owner was the most helpful man ever and his freshwater fish were in perfect conditions, I wonder why the salt was bad? Anyways back onto topic he had one of those skimmers for sale in there for 100! Shocking!

Noo. I got it yesterday. I think it was £49 in total. Which sucks, but it's still okay...

Wow..that store sounds messed up. He obviously can only take care of freshwater. I wouldn't be buying fish there. Lol.

Were you tempted with either of the tanks, not the prices. But the look of? I really do recommend the Betta :)

Is that a bad price for a skimmer? Lol. I wouldn't know as I didn't have to look because my came with it..my cousin had a look at it yesterday. She said it was a pretty decent one aswell, so I am happy with that.

tanks

yeah im going to get the betta in silver with the matching glass stand so it matches my freshwater tank and fits where i need to put it, id love to get a bigger one but i dont currently have space unless i put it upstairs or in the dining room, i did say move the tropical tank to the dining room but its a no go so the betta is pefect to fit where i need it when my new sofa arrives, plan ahead thats what i say, iv almost sold enough stuff on ebay to fund my tank need another 60 to get the silver betta and stand, cant wait!!! im excited to see your tank too as we shall be doing the same setup. have you looked at base rock yet i think iv found a good deal. :)

yeah im going to get the betta in silver with the matching glass stand so it matches my freshwater tank and fits where i need to put it, id love to get a bigger one but i dont currently have space unless i put it upstairs or in the dining room, i did say move the tropical tank to the dining room but its a no go so the betta is pefect to fit where i need it when my new sofa arrives, plan ahead thats what i say, iv almost sold enough stuff on ebay to fund my tank need another 60 to get the silver betta and stand, cant wait!!! im excited to see your tank too as we shall be doing the same setup. have you looked at base rock yet i think iv found a good deal. :)

It all sounds brilliant! You seem to be finding some brilliant bargains. And noo, I'm not even sure I will be able to get the sand and rock in, I've spent too much already. I am only an apprentice. Lol. I have to pace myself a little bit more.

Sell anything in your house! Lol.

Where is the dealll!?! Lol. I NEED to knoww. If you know any places for anything else..please feel free to pass them this way ;)

Thats a awsome deal. I think you can get away with one bag I think you want like 1lb per gallon. I like the fine pink sand it will make your tank brighter lol

Okay, I am gunna order just the one bag. I was wondering what affect the pink would have..sounds good to me.

How do you guys think this stock list sounds like? I think I could maybe say no to the Goby if I have to.

2 x Common Clownfish
1 x Yellow Tail Damsel Fish
1 x Orange Stripe Prawn Goby (Randells)

Too much? I thought because the goby is a bettom dweller it would be okay. But totally understand if not..

Please can you give me some advice :)

Back
Top Bottom