GoldieLocks 24gal Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I can add to all this is read up on quarantine tanks as not getting one was a massive mistake of mine if your planning of having live rock, corals and inverts as you cannot treat for any of fish illnesses!

Thanks Grizz. I will be ordering that on Friday!

My Little Ocean, thank you for the advice. I will have to seriously think about that as I really am supposed to only have one tank. That is it. The LFS has said that the quarintine them before hand etc.

Steve! Soon is the answer. I ordered the stand and refractometer today! So on Friday it will be the salt and ro/di. I'm not sure I will even get the Ro unit because the lfs does £2 for 25 litres. So I think I might use them for a while. I know it will become inconveinient after a while. So I will just use the store until I have live rock in.

BTW, here is the fish store that has my interest, I haven't been there yet..but they seem alright:

http://www.osaquatics.co.uk/

Sounds good goldie lol I cant wait. As for the ro unit I have had my tank for about 2yrs and I got one a few months. Keep up the good work and sorry im so pushy im excited to see your new ocean about as excited as you are lol

Sounds good goldie lol I cant wait. As for the ro unit I have had my tank for about 2yrs and I got one a few months. Keep up the good work and sorry im so pushy im excited to see your new ocean about as excited as you are lol

Thanks Steve. I am pretty excited myself! Today I got the stand!! :) Bless my brother, by the time I had got home from work he had built the stand and put the tank on top AND plugged it all in and looking all tidy!! :')

Here's some pictures!

And one more..

Next I am waiting for my Refractometer. Then it will be test kits and Salt! :) Keep watching everyone!

Sounds like your brother cant wait ether tell him he need his own special tank it's called a Quarantine hehe you can kill two birds with one stone you get what you need and it keeps him from yours :)

:popcorn:

GoldieLocks1 said:
And one more..

Next I am waiting for my Refractometer. Then it will be test kits and Salt! :) Keep watching everyone!

Hey,

I've just joined this thread as I'm in the UK and I'm 5 months into my first SW tank which is a 21 gallon Nano!

Great hobby and so addictive!

Aww guys. Wow. Thank you so so much for the lovely response!! I don't know how to respond to all of you without posting a new post every time...Grizz, I will think about it.

WELL. I have the refractometer..I have some pictures. I literally have NO idea how to use it...LOL

Erm...now. I have ordered the salt! :) That should be here soon. Now I need a Ro thing. I just want one that is SIMPLE and I don't really care so much as to how much water it makes in whatever time. I've also seen threads where they have to hook it up to their water supply or something..I really don't know about that..is there a way around it...?

Sorry if that is all mumbo jumbo.

OH! One more thing!! Power heads!!!!! Any recommendations?? I don't want a hurricane in the tank! Lol.

In the last picture. I forgot to say, the tank is a little bit over the edge of the stand. Is this okay? Well...it kinda has to be. It has got me a little worried though.

Attachments

• THE BOMB PHOTOS2177.jpg
    THE BOMB PHOTOS2177.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 139
  • THE BOMB PHOTOS2179.jpg
    THE BOMB PHOTOS2179.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 138
  • THE BOMB PHOTOS2182.jpg
    THE BOMB PHOTOS2182.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 128
  • THE BOMB PHOTOS2183.jpg
    THE BOMB PHOTOS2183.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 129
Don't worry about the hang over, I love refractometers they look like lightsabers :) also maybe look into seachem matrix for your filter way better than ceramics, good for getting rid of nitrates as they can host the bacteria that turn them into gas form which exits tank at the surface you'll save alot on water changes (salt)

Don't worry about the hang over, I love refractometers they look like lightsabers :) also maybe look into seachem matrix for your filter way better than ceramics, good for getting rid of nitrates as they can host the bacteria that turn them into gas form which exits tank at the surface you'll save alot on water changes (salt)

They are pretty cool looking huh! Do you have a link for the Seachem thing? Is that erm..the little boxes you can see in the pictures of the tank? The boxes? I've taken them out because I would prefer to put rubble in the back instead.

Yeah, live rock rubble is good depending on quality, it's just simply seachem.com have a look and it will explain about the surface area matrix has this has loads more! and certain bacterias that can only thrive WITHOUT oxygen which is the one you want to get rid of nitrates :)

Yeah, live rock rubble is good depending on quality, it's just simply seachem.com have a look and it will explain about the surface area matrix has this has loads more! and certain bacterias that can only thrive WITHOUT oxygen which is the one you want to get rid of nitrates :)

Thank you for that I will defo have a look. If I have rubble in the back, do I also need a light in the back too?

Adding to my BOUGHT list:

API Master Reef kit
Salifert Nitrate test
' ' Nitrite test
' ' Ammonia
4x 42 litre buckets (you can never be over prepared! LOL)

Noow...I need RO, if anybody has the answer to my question? :) And also the powerhead...

Back
Top Bottom