Good Angelfish for Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bulldog12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys another question. Well I saw the response about the Majestic angel I asked about yesterday and I saw a pic of a Regal Angel today and it looks like it might be better suited. I am a really big fan of angelfish but because of some corals in my reef I am just a little scared. I already have a Swallowtail Angelfish(female) she is nice but just not that flashy. Would a Regal fish be a good choice? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bulldog

I have heard off them being kept in reeftanks...but hve no personal experience. I think just about any angel is hit or miss in a reef, but large angels are even riskier. The only angels that is considered "truely" reef safe are the genicanthus sp angels, like the swallowtail you already have. The Centropyge angel with the best reputation is C. argi (cherub angel).

Thanks reefrunner

I think I will give the regal angel a try I really like its coloration. I have heard that Majestic angels like to snack on brains and I would have some big problems with that. Well I will let you know how it goes. Oh and thanks again for the Christmas card.

Merry Christmas!!!!! :D :D

Back
Top Bottom