good bacteria treatment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luke1428

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi what is a good good bacteria treatment for a platy with a white mark on one side noticed yesterday, has now got bigger today.

Not sure the platy died next day. But other fish are not affected and seem to be healthy so thats a bonus. I have no clue what it could of been really, could I ask you, do you test for chlorine and or amonia in your conditioned tap water? As im having trouble clearing these chemicals fully and I would like a good test kit that tests only for this.

The API Master Freshwater liquid test kit is the way to go for sure! It tests for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH. It can cost anywhere between $25-50, but there are over 700 tests in eash kit so it's worth it!
Also, alot of us on here use Seachem's Prime water treatment, which removes, cholorine, chloramine, ammonia and helps neutralize nitrites and nitrates. I am not sure about a test for chlorine, but I don't worry about it because I use the Prime. :)

Thanks for that info.
Do you know if LED light strips provide enough and the right spectrum of light to support my tank life or should it only be used to supliment my main strip light?

Back
Top Bottom