GOOD DVD burning program

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use DVDX copy platnum, and even in the advanced mode, there is no option to shrink or compact, anyway, using the simple mode i am able to burn a DVD in about an hour or less.. assuming it fits onto the blank DVD. Also, i am able to preform other tasks on the computer, its just a bit slower...

I use platinum and the compacting is done automatically the third screen in, it will show you the compression percentage.

ok, i finally got it to work! I used DVD shrink coupled with Nero and it works!!!!! YAY... its just such a long and involved process, it took me about an hour and a half to do one movie, and after messing up about 8 DVD's (trying different programs) I got it to work perfectly!

THanks everyone, and if you know of a good program that will convert it to CD format, please enlighten me, becuase the one i tried was way to complicated.

Not sure how smart it is discuss illegal activities on public forums. I hope you don't get caught....

non-copyrighted dvds are legal to copy.
no one said anything about copyrighted dvds.
perhaps read the whole thread?

I dont copy dvd's myself (I personaly dont have a dvd burner)... If you do a little reaseach into copyright law you would see that backing up your data (vhs tapes comes to mind) just incase of a cotastrahpy like a fire destroys your data, has been found legal.. I reailze there is one case in a lower court that has refuted tons of previous case law but that is under appeal and it is very unlikely the desion will hold up in a higher court.

I don't know too many people who copy their movies and store them in a fire resistant safe or a safety deposit box.

For the records, I really DO want my personal DVD's backed up becasue DVD's don't last forever.. they can get scratched and stuff. I have a hard plastic case i keep them in.

It's not illegal to burn a copy of a DVD that you buy from the store. As long as you don't intend to sell it or anything.

Also, my little brother has a video camera that he only knows how to put onto the computer and im trying to figure out how to burn those vidoes.

AshleyNicole said:
Also, my little brother has a video camera that he only knows how to put onto the computer and im trying to figure out how to burn those vidoes.

What format are the files that are being saved from the video camera? avi?

It just says the name that i put on the vidoe and under properties it says Type: windows media/audio file. There is no myvideo. anything.. just myvidoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom