Good or bad Isopod?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smitty

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I found this guy in my tank and was able to get him out. I was not, however, able to get all of them and I know of at least one more (smaller one) that got away. I'm sure it is an isopod but I don't know if this is a good or bad one. He is about 1/2" long.

img_1440846_0_092ea1deaf964b19ad6be66653cd34b3.jpg

Well I didn't know if it was bad and didn't want to just kill it so I put it in my fuge. Now I find out it is bad because I found the smaller one attached to one of the new fish! I got the fish out and removed it and killed that one but can't find the bigger one in the fuge... I will have to keep an eye out for it.

Yea, that is the one I found. Darn it! Shouldn't have put that thing back in the sump... The one I put back in is about 1/2 the size of the fish!

I can't blame you though, I took a small snail out that I didn't know if it was good or bad and just left it expecting it to die off. Then I see that link saying its a stomatella so I tossed him back in :) . I hope you get your sucker though goodluck!

Well, while looking at the fish I see another one of these things clinging on. Unfortunately I can't catch the fish. This fish rarely comes out from behind the rocks and I just can't nab him with the net. I was hoping these chromis would stop hiding after a couple days but I guess it will take longer. Hopefully not too much damage is done before I can catch him and remove the bad guy.

Back
Top Bottom