good tiger barb tankmates???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also the sort of plants & or decorations can make the difference between tiger barbs that pick on the other fish or barbs that are distracted by trying to keep an eye on their own kind. Plants & decorations also allow the other fish to hide out.

I have a 55 gal with mainly barbs and tetras...they seem to live in perfect harmony..i also have 2 loaches, 2 jade gobis, and an iridescent shark...as long as u stick to similar size fish, i dont see any problems with adding any of the fish i have.

i will add that you need to make sure you school schooling fish...ive found that not doing this causes serious aggression problems

Depending on tank size, most tiger barbs kept in a nice school (5-6) are usually docile. You'll want to avoid anything with extravagant finnage, and usually slower swimming fish. Tiger barbs are an active fish, and you should try and get something that can be active with them. Most tetras should be fine, rasboras, danios, cories, mollies, platies. I'd shy away from guppies, bettas, angels, etc.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom