Got bitten

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Akrist_1990

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My eclipse catfish got its mouth bitten off will it grow back? Weekend feeders obv didn't work

I think it's just the ops I can't tell he still has his whiskers

Can you post a pic? Fish are quite adaptable and I have seen some pretty horrific damage before that healed without an issue and nothing special other than lots of healthy water. If he still able to eat, there shouldnt be a problem. Just keep the water pristine while he heals and keep an eye out for signs of infection. If he can not manage to eat after a week or so, then you will need to consider your options.

Can you post a pic? Fish are quite adaptable and I have seen some pretty horrific damage before that healed without an issue and nothing special other than lots of healthy water. If he still able to eat, there shouldnt be a problem. Just keep the water pristine while he heals and keep an eye out for signs of infection. If he can not manage to eat after a week or so, then you will need to consider your options.

+1 CLEAN CLEAN water.. Is the bet thing to help heal. A half dose of salt couldn't hurt as well.

One pic he's in the middle of the log in the other bottom left by the corner of columns

Attachments

• image-3870876697.jpg
    image-3870876697.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2146582365.jpg
    image-2146582365.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 60
I really cant see anything clearly in the pics but thank you for posting them! Have you seen him try to eat at all?

Back
Top Bottom