Got new fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got some new fish 1 blood red parrot cichlid and jack Dempsey fish I'm putting in 29G tank. With common pleco. And 2 zebra danios + 1 blood red parrot cichlid. Guy at petsmart says new fish will eat zebra danios is this true? I can move to 10G. Got guppies and putting in 10G tank will platys.

You should do some research on these fish to find out their needs. Google or Liveaquaria.com is a good start. Blood parrots need 50 gallons and are semi aggressive. The other needs 50 gallons as well and is aggressive. Common plecos get monstrous and don't belong in that size tank either.

bruinsbro1997 said:
...You are still planning on re-homing those fish, right?

Yes I'm going to near 26th ish or less. Will parrot cichlid eat danios?

bruinsbro1997 said:
IMO they may or may not. Depends on the personality of the cichlids but I would thin they shouldn't.

Oh ok thanks!

Yes the BP will eat the danios.. in time.

If you re-home the BP, JD and Pleco to the 129 when it's cycled, and leave the others in the 29 you should be ok. They shouldn't get big enough to eat them... but you'll just have to see. Every fish is different.

steez said:
Yes the BP will eat the danios.. in time.

If you re-home the BP, JD and Pleco to the 129 when it's cycled, and leave the others in the 29 you should be ok. They shouldn't get big enough to eat them... but you'll just have to see. Every fish is different.

BP mouth will not allow them to eat/ catch the Danios, the JD on the other hand will.

Back
Top Bottom