got sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cody owens

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have sand in my hundred gallon I rinsed the sand till it was clear for two hours ..... now its in the tank and its really really cloudy .... will it settle an clear over time with filters running running or does it require more rinsing ???

It will settle, I'd probably kill the filter until it clears up tho, and you will have to do a quick wipe of interior glass afterwards most likely.

Well I put it all in at 4 and its 1 am almost now an its still cloudy I flipped the pumps on at 11 to see if it would boost the clearing an its made a lil progress ..... but about how long will it take to settle

Took my tank about 3-4 days to clear up when i set up. It will clear upsubstantially in the first day and it will remain slightly cloudy for a few more days.

Don't rush it, be patient. It'll be a few days. I'd turn filter off even if it's clearing it because your filter is running stuff thru it that will eat mech parts alive.

Oh ..... thanx guys .. lol I appreciate the help ill switch them off now

Back
Top Bottom