Gotta pic of tank-help pls...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hadvisor

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here is a picture of the tank I went to look at today. The setup is a couple of years old, taken care of very well(the couple is retired)-not a scratch-tank very clean with fish-they are giving to a friend. All filters, chemicals, an extra 20gal. tank, extra gravel-basically all the stuff they had-selling for 300 bucks.
The stand in the pic is the exact one with all glass bowed front 46 gallon.
Price sounds good to me, what brand is this type, where can I search on new prices to get an idea?
Thanks!

tank

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and say that's an All Glass Aquarium tank...they also make a stand that looks a lot like that one...would be suprised if the stand isn't the same brand. If that's what it is, and they do make a 46g bow front, it lists for around $135-150. The light strip lists for around $38-50 if it's a single bulb NO light. The stand will go for about $220-250. These are probably on the low end of the prices you might see. You may find a combo deal for less than this. A conservative estimate to set this tank up new is about $550-600 depending on where you buy it. Remember also that although you may find it cheaper than that online, shipping on a tank/stand that size will break the bank fast.
Logan J

If you could go into more detail about what is included aside from the tank and stand that would help us.

Right now it sounds like a fair price based upon the info given. If you can tell us what type if filter and such then your fair price may increase to a good deal.

Bowfronts in general I have found to be more expensive gal per gal than standard shape tanks.

I've got an identical set up that is also 2 yrs old. Looked up my records and found regular price for set up was $408.00 (US), I paid about $230.00 on sale. Add on my fluval, heater etc probably under 400.00. It is made by All Glass. IMHO it's not a great deal but, better than buying new from lfs. As others have said it depends on the filter.
I buy my tanks(new and used) locally and now purchase filters etc online to get the best prices.

I just wanted to comment that my LFS has a bowfront with stand and lite for just under $300. Now its on a holiday sale but the difference would be what extra your getting.

If the filters and stuff are cheaper brand then its less deal than if they are higher priced type

bowfront

Just for the record...the estimate I gave of $550-600 to set up this tank new was figuring everything from gravel to light timer and all top quality equip. Prices were from a company that we order lots of stuff from at the store. If the equip that comes with the tank isn't top quality, you might be better off to check stores for a new one on sale.
Logan J

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom