gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackie

Aquarium Advice Regular
i seem to be on the way to losing my dwarf gourami. seems to have some slight injury on its side although havnt seen it flicking or being bullied ... have tried all obvious things to no avail... have seen some of you guys mention salt water baths as a treatment ... what do i do and in what quantity hope someone can help

Hi Jackie,

Do you have a smaller tank for quarantine? If so put him/her in there and see if her condition changes. Also for the gash on the side I would treat a couple of days with Melafix, I have used this stuff and it works a treat.

I am not a fundi/guru on gourami but I think they don't like salt?? Could be wrong?? If you are going to treat with salt you would need to check the salt tolerance of the other inhabitants, but I would still put him in a hospital tank.

Good luck.

Melafix is an herbal medication for fish made from melaleuca or tea tree oil.
It is a "fix all" remedy...good place to start when you are unsure

Gouramis actually do well in Brackish water. If you are going to give it a salt bath I would try 2 tablespoons of salt per 5 gallons. Let the fish swim around for about 15-20 min....hope it heals up

the gourami died, i used melafix but to late. maybe if i had known about it earlier.thanks for advice i feel i have learnt something fromj this..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom