Gravel or sand????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need to do a large pwc retest a couple hours later then probably another large pwc

Ammonia should be .25 or lower, nitrite (blueish one) needs to be 0

I tested my tap water and this is the results from that. Is this a bad test

Attachments

• image-1379799570.jpg
    image-1379799570.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 50
I tested my tap water and this is the results from that. Is this a bad test

case 1: straight from faucet, this water parameter doesn't look good because it's not suitable for some fish. but depending on what fish you keep, it could be good. but IMO it's not a good parameter due to relatively higher pH. ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate do look reasonable.

case 2: do a second test. this time, have the water standing for 24/48hrs and then do the test again. by that time, the chemicals within the faucet water should be evaporated, therefore should NOT give misreadings on the parameters.

case 1: straight from faucet, this water parameter doesn't look good because it's not suitable for some fish. but depending on what fish you keep, it could be good. but IMO it's not a good parameter due to relatively higher pH. ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate do look reasonable.

case 2: do a second test. this time, have the water standing for 24/48hrs and then do the test again. by that time, the chemicals within the faucet water should be evaporated, therefore should NOT give misreadings on the parameters.

My thoughts exactly

New water test

Attachments

• image-1873989571.jpg
    image-1873989571.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 50
No that was after a water change.

the test result from a new water change doesn't prove much because all the chemicals are diluted, so obviously you're going to have a lower pH than before. follow my suggestion from before and do a test for aged water.

the test result from a new water change doesn't prove much because all the chemicals are diluted, so obviously you're going to have a lower pH than before. follow my suggestion from before and do a test for aged water.

Yea I am. The water is sitting in some Tupperware

Polyfil is great for clearing cloudy water fast. Also when adding water to a sand substrate tank, at the start or when doing a PWC, use a plate or a bowl in the tank and pour your water onto/into this. No clouding. Polyfil is great for keeping your water clear, just change it out when it looks dirty......

Polyfil is great for clearing cloudy water fast. Also when adding water to a sand substrate tank, at the start or when doing a PWC, use a plate or a bowl in the tank and pour your water onto/into this. No clouding. Polyfil is great for keeping your water clear, just change it out when it looks dirty......

How do I use poly fill lol

you put it in your filter, right after the last stage of filtration and before the water is pushed out into the tank

I might sound dumb but I'm really not too sure what you're talking about. When you say the last stage of filtration you mean after the charcoal filter?

I might sound dumb but I'm really not too sure what you're talking about. When you say the last stage of filtration you mean after the charcoal filter?
It should be the last filter media that the water goes through before returning to the tank. What type of filter do you have??

Latest water test.

Attachments

• image-1105423459.jpg
    image-1105423459.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 38

48 hour test results:

PH 7.4
Ammonia .25
Nitrite .75
Nitrate 5.0

Attachments

• image-1768443348.jpg
    image-1768443348.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom