Gravel, sand .,help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

future

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im pretty new at this whole saltwater fish thing and got a couple questions... i got a triger and wrasse that dig holes and re-arrange all the gravel on the bottom... when they move the gravel around my water gets really cloudy... any idea what i should do for the gravel....|? is my gravel dirty? should i do a water change? change out the gravel? do i have to much gravel? Anything i can put in to help the water clear up?

i try to vaccum when i see it pretty dirty. i just tested my water 2 days and all the levels seem to be right, besides my ph that was a little high.
thanks

Most people like to go the sand route, with invertabrates living in the sand that keep it clean. I'm not sure how well that would work with your agrressives though. Another popular option that might work for you is starboard. It's a plastic substance used for making cutting boards. You can order pieces just the right size to cover the bottom of your aquarium, and place your live rock on those. It's nice and white, durable, easy to clean, and doesn't produce clouds when fish poke at it. I personally am not fond of starboard, but it might be a solution to your problem. Only downside is it's hard to install in an already running aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom